Millionaire Waltz

To want something and to want something back sit on two distinct poles but they’re breeding two somewhat similar outcomes. It is safe to say that things often become not quite special after we got the chance to hold on to it. That beautiful expensive armchair in IKEA, after some weeks, becomes merely a spot to stockpile my jackets and pants, no matter how I, at first, planned it to be a hygge spot to read my books in, before I decide to read on my bed before sleep - just like thousands days before the fancy armchair.

But to want something back includes the experience one has had, it also includes promises to change and make it different this time, because if not, I would just let it go, my armchair would end up in some flea market, looking for a new owner, I would have realised at that time that I would no longer need the armchair, no matter how expensive and fancy it was to me. No matter how I once worked my ass off to be able to afford the armchair. Once it doesn’t mean anything anymore, the rest is just memory. 

Wanting something back could be hell and bringing back all the memory to one’s head could be an entertaining parade. Somewhere between those two, mad men live. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Museum

Help-Seeking, Self-Seeking, Self-Helping

One Sane Winter Coffee