This Whole Seeing

Nina Simone,

was it

And what about God? Nobody can’t take away?

or was it 


And what about God? Nobody can’t take away.


or was it a journey, a question mark turned into a period?


One second rest before the refrain, a moment to give that one sentence a chance to linger for one more while in the listeners’ heads. Or, I prefer, a moment of surrender. Until...


Dang!

I got my hair, I got my head

I got my brains, I got my ears

I got my eyes, I got my nose

I got my mouth, I got my smile

I got my tongue, I got my chin

I got my neck, I got my boobies

I got my heart, I got my soul

I got my back, I got my sex

I got my arms, I got my hands

I got my fingers, I got my legs

I got my feet, I got my toes

I got my liver, got my blood

I got life, I got my life

I got my freedom, I got life!




Everything begins with nothing, between these two poles is a verb: surrender. And this whole seeing, is beauty. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Museum

Help-Seeking, Self-Seeking, Self-Helping

One Sane Winter Coffee